Reporting to the Production Supervisor and working at our Waterloo facility, metal prep/fab workers are responsible for cutting, bending, milling, and punching both aluminum and steel to fabricate various parts as well as grinding welds. These are full time permanent positions with eligibility to participate in our benefits program after 90 days.
• Clean and complete regular safety inspections of tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations and housekeeping standards.
• Work collaboratively with production team members under direction of Production Supervisor and Team Leads to fabricate parts as required.
• Inspect fabricated parts for compliance to quality standards and complete all required paperwork.
Knowledge, Experience, and/or Technical Skills:
• Previous work experience in a manufacturing or metal fabrication environment an asset.
• Hands-on with mechanical aptitude and familiarity with operating equipment such as benders, milling machines, ironworkers, punches, saws, and grinders as well as hand tools such as tape measures, clamps, and utility knives.
• Must be able to read and interpret engineering shop drawings in order to fabricate parts to correct dimensions.
• Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
• Excellent organizational skills in a multi-tasking environment with attention to detail.
• Results-oriented individual with strong team working ability and desire to learn.
• Frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must assist in team lifts for heavier or awkward parts.
• Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and power tools.
• PPE requirement – CSA green safety shoes/boots, protective eyewear (provided), gloves (provided), hearing protection (provided), and respiratory protection (provided, for grinding operation).
• Opportunities available on all shifts, although majority of training will occur on dayshift before transferring to other shifts.
• Overtime available through extended shift hours and/or additional shifts on weekends.