Reporting to the Plant Manager and working at our Waterloo facility, Production/Assembly workers are responsible for fabrication and assembly of various parts and products to meet production plan. This is a full time contract position with possibility of either full time hire or continuation of employment on a part time basis for dedicated candidates.
• Clean and complete regular safety inspections of tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations and housekeeping standards.
• Work collaboratively with production team members under direction of Plant Manager and Team
• Leads to fabricate hockey dasher boards, indoor soccer panels, and other custom parts as required.
• Inspect fabricated parts for compliance to quality standards and complete all required paperwork.
Knowledge, Experience, and/or Technical Skills:
• Previous work experience in a manufacturing or assembly environment an asset.
• Previous fabrication experience with plastics/acrylic, aluminum, or steel is an asset.
• Hands on with mechanical aptitude and familiarity with operating power tools such as drills, routers, and saws and hand tools such as tape measures, clamps, and utility knives.
• Must be able to read and interpret engineering shop drawings in order to fabricate parts to correct dimensions.
• Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
• Excellent organizational skills in a multi-tasking environment with attention to detail.
• Results-oriented individual with strong team working ability and desire to learn.
• Frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must assist in team lifts for heavier or awkward parts.
• Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and power tools.
• PPE requirement – CSA green safety shoes/boots, protective eyewear (provided), gloves (provided) and hearing protection (provided).
• Both dayshift and nightshift opportunities available, although majority of training will occur on dayshift
• Overtime available through extended shift hours and/or additional shifts on weekends.