Reporting to the Logistics Coordinator, and working at our Waterloo facility, the material handler is responsible for the accurate and timely movement of material within the facility. This includes delivering raw materials to storage and production areas as needed, moving finished goods from production to packaging area, packaging goods for shipment, and picking/packing stockroom materials for direct shipments.
• Clean and complete regular safety inspections of tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations and housekeeping standards.
• Work collaboratively with production team members to pick, pack, and move materials as required.
• Maintain inventory accuracy by issuing material to jobs/orders, completing cycle counting, and helping to implement a KanBan system for stockroom parts ordering.
• Ensure goods are properly labelled and are stored in correct bin locations.
• Complete all required paperwork accurately and completely.
Knowledge, Experience, and/or Technical Skills:
• Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment, in a material handling or shipping/receiving role and/or a forklift licence is an asset, but not a requirement.
• Previous work experience/certification on overhead crane operation or handling tempered glass (sheets and crates) is an asset, but not a requirement.
• Education or knowledge of parts room/stockroom operation, supply chain or purchasing functions would be beneficial as well, but is not a requirement.
• Advanced computer skills required, familiarity with ERP (EPICOR) systems, and Microsoft Office / Windows an asset.
• Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
• Excellent organizational skills in a multi-tasking environment with attention to detail. The ability to adapt to changing priorities is critical.
• Results-oriented individual with strong team working ability and desire to learn.
• Frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must assist in team lifts for heavier or awkward parts.
• Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and power tools.
• PPE requirement – CSA green safety shoes/boots, protective eyewear (provided), gloves (provided), hearing protection (provided)..
• Overtime available through extended shift hours and/or additional shifts on weekends.